The Women Empowerment Cell in our college is established to empower girl students and staffs and to enhance their understanding of issues related to women in the society and to face the challenges with great courage. The goal of the cell is to bring about the advancement, development and empowerment of women. This cell creates a feel in them that our college campus is a haven and second home to them. The cell functions arduously to enhance their status and thereby empower them through Guest Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, various awareness programmes and other welfare activities. Looking to this pious necessity, the college administration has constituted the Women Empowerment Cell in the institution to help the woman students come up in various developmental activities and thereby to empower themselves to lead a life of success and contentment.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL COMMITTEE
To say, Higher Education refers the education at the degree level and above. Literacy alone cannot help women in self dependence but higher education helps women to become more capable. It is only higher education that makes them aware of their rights and duties and uses their rights as per need. Higher Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skills and self-confidence. It brings a reduction in inequalities and helps in improving their status within the family. Higher educational achievements of women can have ripple effects within the family and across generations. But there are many hindrances also in the path of women empowerment and in higher education. Some of them are as -lack of education, financial constraints, family responsibility and social status etc. Presently women are participating not only in traditional courses but also in various areas of men’s territory. For this purpose there is need for identification of skills and occupations suitable for women. Moreover there should be proper implementations of Govt. policies and different programmes of government of India regarding women empowerment and higher education.
Objectives of the WEC:
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for the female gender.
- To conduct guest lectures, seminars, and workshops to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To create a conducive counseling environment for the female gender to share their problems.
- To sensitize the college community on the need for empowerment of women.
- To enable the College community to understand the role of everyone in empowering woman students.
- To help women students understand their strengths and potential.
- To educate girl students on women-specific health issues and measures to be taken.
- To provide help, in case of necessity round the clock.