In accordance with the NAAC guidelines, Kakatiya Government College, Hanamkonda, Warangal (U) constituted the SC/ST Committee to safeguard the life and career of students concerned. The Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Committee promotes the special interests of students in the reserved category. It is expected to provide inputs in areas where students experience difficulties. The Committee regularly organizes interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems. The committee ensures equality among all the staff and students by counselling and sensitizing the stakeholders to optimally utilize the benefits of the schemes offered by the Government of India.
- To counsel and guide the SC/ST students and help them to pursue their life and career well
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To address, counsel and console for emotional needs of the students concerned offering justice
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students concerned
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the Constitution of India.
- To arrange special opportunities to enhance the career growth of the student s concerned
- To inform the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST students.
- To circulate State Govt. and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programmes.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.