The following faculty members are appointed in the Committee constituted for the OBC Committee to take care of the duties and responsibilities concerned. OBC Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in extending all possible academic and career guidance help to the students belonging to OBC community students pursuing their U.G. and P.G. Programmes in the institution. The OBC committee in the college was established with the purpose of empowering the OBC communities in the region. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to the students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. The committee is always engaged to solve the various problems of OBC students. The committee also encouraged the students to enroll for career orientation programmes which would empower and equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
Objectives: OBC cell has been created in the college to resolve issues related to the OBC students. Following are the important objectives of the committee.
- To give awareness of various scholarship program of state and central government.
- To council and guide about various issues and help them to manage academic activities.
- To make the OBC students aware of the government orders on various aspect of education, training and employment opportunities for OBC.
- To circulate state government and UGC’s decisions about various scholarships programmes.
- To motivate the students for their future planning.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India and the UGC orders on various aspects of education, training and employment of OBC.
- To give remedial coaching for the academically weak students.