Home Page Description
The history of City College is associated with the awakening of the people of Hyderabad who realized the importance of education and established the first city school in the Dar-ul-uloom as early as 1865, which was later, converted into a City High School. The school moved into the present grand edifice in 1921. Intermediate sections (F.A) of Osmania University with 30 students were introduced in 1921 under the supervision of the high school with Urdu as the medium of instruction. In 1929, the school was upgraded to a college and was named as “City College”. It became a constituent college of Osmania University. Consequent to the abolition of the Intermediate course (F.A) in Osmania University in the year 1956, the Pre-University Course (P.U.C) was introduced. The B.Sc courses were introduced in 1962 and the institution was named as “City Science College”. City College was taken over by the Government from Osmania University in 1965 and was renamed as “Government City Science College”. In 1967, B.A and B.Com courses were added and the college became “Government City College”. In the year 1986, Electronics subject was introduced in B.Sc. In 1997, Industrial Microbiology, a vocational course sponsored by UGC was introduced. In 1998, it took the lead in introducing socially relevant restructured courses such as Biotechnology, Biochemistry, B.Sc (Computer Science), B.Com (Computer Applications), B.A Tourism and Travel Management, B.A Office Management. Post Graduate courses, M.Sc Biotechnology (2001) and M.Sc Mathematics (2003), are introduced.

Copyright @ 2021 by CCE.
All Rights Reserved.

Designed and Developed by Centre for Good Governance.

Content owned, maintained and updated by Commissionerate of Collegiate Education.

Government of Telangana.