Name : Gatla Krishna Reddy
Qualifications : B.Sc(B.Z.C).,M.L.I.Sc., NET, M.Phil(Library & Information Sci.)
Pursuing PhD from Osmania University
Post Held : LIBRARIAN
S. No Duration College University/Board Duties Remarks
1 Nov 1997- SEP 2001 G.PULLA REDDY COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, HYDERABAD Osmania University Administration of Library Service ratified by Osmania
2 OCT 2001-
FEB 2006 Y.P.R COLLEGE OF ENGG. & TECH. MEDAK JNTUH Maintained Automated Library Service ratified by JNTUH, HYD
3 MARCH 2006-
FEB 2010 R.R.S COLLEGE OF ENGG. & TECH, MEDAK JNTUH Administration of Automated Library including DIGITAL LIBRARY Service ratified by JNTUH, HYD
4 FEB 2010 –
SEP-2011 CMR INSTITUTE OF ENGG. & TECH. HYD JNTUH Administration of Automated Library including DIGITAL LIBRARY Service ratified by JNTUH, HYD
5 SEP 2011-FEB 2016 Govt. Jr. College, Raikal B.I.E.T.S Maintained the Library Recruited by APPSC
6 FEB 2016-
SEP 2016 Govt. Degree College, Utnoor Kakatiya
University Maintained the Library Recruited on Promotion
7 SEP 2016 –
JUNE 2018 SRR Govt. Arts & Science College, Karimnagar Sathavahana University Pertaining the duties of Library Transferred on Deputation
8 JULY 2018- Till Date SKNR Govt Arts & Science College, jagtial Satavahana University Pertaining the duties of Library General transfers 2018
Date of Joining : 31-06-2018
Permanent Address : H.No. 7-6-182/1
Mobile number : +91 9440413542
Email : gatla74krishna @gmail.com
Experience : 22 Years
Departmental Tests Qualified:
Gazetted Officer Test, Executive Officer Test
Training Programs/ R.C / OC/ ARPIT SWAYAM MOOCS:
1. Sucessfully completed ARPIT Course for Career Advancement Scheme(CAS) promotion “ Refresher Course in Library & Information Science” Through Swayam MOOCS offered by IGNOU, Newdelhi on 30-6-2019 with ‘D’ Grade.
2. Participated in the NDLI Club - Telangana State Workshop held at University of Hyderabad on 23rd April, 2019 organized by the National Digital Library of India and IGM Library, University of Hyderabad
3. Successfully completed the training programme on “Basic Course on Disaster Management” from 19-02-2019 to 21-02-2019 organized by Dr. MCR HRD INSTITUTE OF TELANGANA, HYDERABAD
4. Completed two days workshop on “Institutional Digital Repository (IDR-2017)” during April 22-22, 2017 by National Digital Library, IIT Kharagpur at School of Planning & Architecture, Vizayawada.
5. Completed a One Day workshop on “ Quality Parameters for NAAC Re-accreditation” on 17-04-2017 at SRR Govt. Arts & Science college, Karimnagar.
6. Attended CCETS One day training programme on GANANA MIS-Reorientation to IT coordinators & online courses on April 20th 2016 sponsored by RUSA.
7. CCETS Three day training programme on Health Initiatives and Adolescence-BHAGYA under Rastriya Kishore Swastya Karyakram(RKSK) from 3rd to 5th May,2016 at IIHF,Hyderabad sponsored by RUSA.
8. Completed UGC sponsored Summer School, entitled “Strategies for Research Oriented Teaching” from 06-6-2016 to 25-6-2016, organized by JNTUH, UGC, Acdemic Staff College, HYDERABAD.
9. Attended Training programme on eCONTENT 2016 Library Services & Management – A Platform Approach held at Hyderabad on 21st November 2016 organised by Informatics Publishing Limited.
10. Attended three weeks Refresher course on “Library Automation and Digitization” from 28-06-2010 to 17-07-2010 obtained with ‘A’ Grade held at JNTU,UGC, Academic Staff College Hyderabad.
11. Participated short term course on “Digital Resource Management in Libraries” from 20-06-2011 to 25-06-2011 at JNTU, UGC, Academic Staff College, Hyderabad.
12. Attended A Two- day National Workshop on Faculty Development from 10th & 11th Feb,2007 at St. Stanley College of Engg. & Tech. Medak.
13. Completed “Short term course on IT Application in Libraries and Information Management“ organized by NIHFW, Ministry of Health, Govt. of India, New Delhi from 1st Nov to 5th Nov, 2004.
14. Attended one day DELNET Workshop at IGM Library, University of Hyderabad at Hyderabad on 19th June,2004.
1. Organising Secretary for Two-Day State level Workshop on “Librar Automation Software NewGenLib & Digital Library Software on Dspace” during 29th -30th Jan 2018 Organized by Dept. of Library Science, S.R.R Govt. Arts & Science College, Karimnagar.
2. Participated one day Symposium on “Modern Librarianship:Oppurtunities & Challenges on 13th April, 2018 organized by Dept. Of Library & information Science, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana.
3. Participated one day State level Seminar on “Emerging Information Communication technology in Teaching, Learning and Research in Higher Educational institutions”on 31-03-2018, Organized by Dept. Of Library Science, Govt degree College, Siddipet.
4. Participated XXIX Statutory Conference and National Seminar on “Reforms in Higher Education:Challenges & Opportunities” organized by the Savitribai Phule Pune University and College teachers Organization (SPPUCTO) on 18th to 20th December 2017 in Shirdi, Maharashtra.
5. Participated UGC sponsored one day National seminar on “Innovations in Teaching & Learning Practices in Higher Education- Role of LIS” organized by Kakatiya Govt. Degree College, Hanamkonda pn 29th July,2017.
6. Participated and presented paper in two days national conference by Dept of LIS, Andhra University on National conference on “ Managing Libraries in Electornic Environment” on 29th & 30th June 2017.
7. Participated and chaired session Two days National seminar on Documentation & Dissemination of Linguistic Literary & cultural Heritage- The role of cinema at SRR Govt Arts & Science college held on 17th & 18th Feb 2017.
8. Participated One day National Seminar on Research Approaches and methodology-2016 held on 26th October 2016 at SRR Govt. Arts and Science college, Karimnagar.
9. Participated one day state level seminar “Collection Development in Open Access Era” held on 26th june 2016, at S.R.R Govt. Arts & Science College, Karimnagar supported by Telangana Library Association.
10. Presented a paper on “Role of Libraries and Information Centers after Implementation of CBCS in India” held on 23rd Sep 2016 at TARA Govt Degree College, Sangareddy.
11. Attended at the 8th International conference on “YOGA & EDUCATION: PRINCIPLES and PRACTICE” at kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute, LONAVALA from 27th-30th Dec’2015.
12. Attended and Presented a Paper on “E-Books Security Myths and Prejudices”” at ETTALDE-2014 held on 23rd – 24th August,2014 Sponsored by Chaitanya Postgraduate College(Autonomous), Warangal.
13. Attended and presented paper on “Information Security A challenge for Librarians in Digital Era” at National Conference on Library Security Management in Digital Era on 4th -5th Feb 2011 held at JNTUH Hyderabad.
14. Attended and presented paper at FALA Conference-2005, National Seminar on “CHANGING CONTEXTS OF HIGHER EDUCATION: CHALLENGES FOR LIBRARIANS” on Collection development in Engineering college Libraries: A case study of Y.P.R College of Engg. & Tech. on 10th-11th Sep 2005 at Hyderabad.
15. Presented paper at Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, at National Seminar on QAALISE-2005 on 29th -30th December 2005.
Guest Lectures/ Resourse Person:
1. Resource Person on National Librarians Day Celebrations at Telangana Social Welfare Residential Degree College, Women, Mancherial on 12-8-2019, topic “Use of Electronic Resources in higher Education and Career Guidance”
2. Resource Person for Two days intensive training programme on 15/03/2018 at S.R.R Govt. Arts & Science College, karimnagar on “Online Educational Resources”
3. Given Guest lecture and Trained Students and Staff on “Online Educational Resources(OER) & MOOCS” at G.D.C, Metpally on 19-03-2018
4. Given Extension Lecture on 27 April 2019 on the Topic “NewGenLib Library management Software at Dept. of Library & Information, kakatiya University, Warangal, telangana.
Research Projects: Nil
Books Published : Nil
1. Book Entitled “Library 3.0 An Innovative Tool in Knowledge Epoch” ISBN 978-9387698215, ESS ESS Publications, NewDelhi Published Article “Complete Library Automation Using with Open Source Software(NewGenLib): My Experience with SRR GASC, Sri Satavahana Library.
2. Book Title , Managing the Libraries in Electronic Environment: Experiences and Success Stories of library Professionals Article by Gatla Krishna reddy on ÄN OVERVIEW ON G.D.C LIBRARIES IN TELANGANA: A SUCCESS STORY OF S.R.R LIBRARY KARIMNAGAR”(ISBN: 978-93-84502-52-2)
3. Emerging Trends and Technologies in Academic Libraries in Digital Era – by K.Purnachander Rao, Gatla Krishna Reddy ,(Spectrum Pub. ISBN 978-93-82829-38-6, 2014, 303-304).
4. Library Security Management in Digital Era Proceedings of the National conference NCLSM-2011, “ Librarians role in the Digital Era : A Special focus on security issues in digital environment by B.Sudhakar, G.Krishna Reddy, J. Vivekavardhan ( BSP Pub, Hyd. ISBN 978-93-81075-25-8, P.225-232)
5. E-Journals: Consortia based subscription A Boon to Indian Universities & Colleges by G. Krishna Reddy, M. Sudhakar Reddy, R. Lalitha, Grandhalaya Sarvaswam, May 2009, P. 19-21, ISSN-0972-8140
Social Activities :
1. Program Officer for NSS for 3 years at Govt. Jr. College, Raikal, Karimnagar Dist., T.S.
2. Regular Blood Donar (B-Negative). Till date 28 times donated and appreciated by so many hospitals like MNJ Cancer Centre and Usha Mullapudi, Hyderabad.
Awards & Honours : Nil
Membership in Professional Bodies : Member of ILA, ASLD, TSLA and SALIS
Consultancy : Free Consultancy Services given for Govt Degree Colleges telangana on Implementation of Library Management Software (Open Source). I.e. 1. Tara Govt Degree College, Sanga reddy, 2. Govt. Degree College, Khairathabad, 3. Govt. Degree College, Kukatpally, 4. SRR GASC, Karimnagar.
Patents : Nil
( Gatla. Krishna Reddy)
Lecturer In Library Science/Librarian
S.K.N.R Govt. Arts & Science College
Faculty Name: LAXMAN ADDAGATLA
Faculty Name: PRAKASH DONGIRI
Designation: Asst. Prof
Faculty Name: RADHAKRISHNA ROUTHU
Faculty Name: RAJESHAM VODDEPALLY
Faculty Name: RAVIKUMAR KORUKANTI
Designation: Physical Director
Faculty Name: SALEEM MOHD
Designation: Junior Assistant
Faculty Name: SANDEEP NADIKATLA
Designation: Asst. Prof
Faculty Name: SRINIVAS KANDUKURI
Faculty Name: VENU KATTA
Designation: Asst. Prof
Copy right @ 2021
Designed and Developed by Centre for Good Governance