The Department of Physics has come into existence in the College since its inception in the year 1956, with intention to teach the Undergraduate Course in Physics under Osmania University jurisdiction, to the students of Karimnagar District and nearby towns.
The Department was equipped with a Laboratory, and the Physics Practicals were taught as per the syllabus of Osmania University.
In the year 1980, UGC has accorded the permission to start B.Sc. Electronics has started as a Re-structured Course with the Permission from with a separate laboratory.
When the College has shifted into its new building at Jagityal road, in around 1969, the Physics Department was provided with separate office for staff, 4 laboratories, including a dark-room for Optics experiments.