Tara Government College, Sangareddy Library is housed in First floor in the new building. Its collection comprises predominantly literature on Arts and Social, Natural & Physical Sciences, and Commerce for Undergraduate Courses offered at this college. Resource development policies and services are mandated by Institute's teaching; research and learning objectives. The total collection of books are about 19000. Our library is subscribing to 11 newspapers and 22 periodicals.
All house-keeping operations are automated using State - of – the - art library management system. Its electronic collection comprises about 3000 e-books and 33300 e-journals, accessible 24 x 7 on and off campus to its faculty, and students. Computing facilities, access to resources in the Data center and electronic content is only for Tara College community.
To acquire, organize, preserve and disseminate information and resources to support the teaching and learning needs of faculty and students.
Extend support to teaching, learning and research initiatives of the college.
Provide career and employment information resources to the users.
Create a suitable ambiance for optimum utilization of library resources.
Assist in retrieval of reading materials and e-resources.
Inculcate and development of reading habits among the library users.
Library patrons includes all the enrolled students, teaching staff and non-teaching staff.
Monday to Saturday : 10 am to 4.30 pm
(except Second Saturdays and holidays)
1) Circulation service
2) Reference Service
3) Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
4) Newspaper Clipping Service
5) Current Awareness Service
6) Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
7) Reprographic Service
8) Internet browsing
9) Digital Library Services
10) Thought of the day
11) Career and Competitive Examinations guidance
12) Library events (Library week, User Orientation, etc...)
Library Advisory Committee
The committee plays an important role in all library activities. The college library advisory committee consists of the following members.
1) Smt.M.Praveena - Principal FAC & Chairman
2) Dr.A.Venkatesham - Member (Asst.Prof.of Economics)
3) Sri Rajendra Kumar - Member (Asst.Prof.of Hindi)
4) Sri.A.V.S.Sharma - Member (Asst.Prof.of English)
5) Sri.P.R.Ratan Kumar - Member (Asst.Prof.of in Physics)
6) Sri.L.Mahesh - Member (Asst.Prof.of in Zoology)
7) Sri.Abhijit Katankar - Member (Asst.Prof.of in Chemistry)
8) Kum.V.Santhoshi - Member (Asst.Prof.of in Commerce)
9) Dr.Naga Prasad - Member (Lecturer in Computer Science)
10) Sri.K.Vidya Sagar - Librarian & Convener
For External memberships and outside visitors are advised to obtain prior approval by email to avail library facilities.
The Librarian can be reached@ firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 9502041223, 9849104282