Our institution is replete with three N.S.S. Units performing under Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana State comprising 100 N.S.S. Volunteers in each who have created myriads of historical accomplishments which resulted in the accolades of President Awards by Government of India for twice in the year 2015 and 2017. The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. It provides opportunity to the student youth of 11th & 12th Class of schools at +2 Board level and student youth of Technical Institution, Graduate & Post Graduate at colleges and University level of India to take part in various government led community service activities & programmes. The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service. Since inception of the NSS in the year 1969, the number of students strength increased from 40,000 to over 3.8 million up to the end of March 2018 students in various universities, colleges and Institutions of higher learning have volunteered to take part in various community service programmes.
Cardinal Principle, Objectives and Motto of NSS
- To develop a sense of involvement in the task of National development organized by the students themselves.
- Development of personality of students through community service.
- Motto – NOT ME BUT YOU
- Symbol – the Wheel of Konark Sun Temple.
Aims of NSS Programmes and Activities
- Making education more relevant to present situation
- Providing opportunities to the students to play their role in planning and executing development projects
- Encouraging students and non-students to work together
- Developing the quality of leadership
- Emphasizing dignity of labour and self-help
- Participation of youth in national development
NSS Programmes Regular Activities
- Day Camp, Activities in adopted village, college, urban-slums, community place.
- To be organized during weekends, holidays, important days.
- Duration – 120 hours per year (20 hours for orientation, 30 hours for campus work and 70 hours for community service).
Special Camping Programme
- Seven Day residential camps in adopted village
- Should be organized on various national developmental issues.
- Activities on awareness programme, creation of durable assets through Shramdan (donation of labour), and production oriented programme, relief and rehabilitation, education and recreations etc. to be undertaken.
Benefits of Being a NSS Volunteer:
A NSS volunteer who takes part in the community service programme would either be a college level or a senior secondary level student. Being an active member these student volunteers would have the exposure and experience to be the following:
- an accomplished social leader
- an efficient administrator
- a person who understands human nature
National Youth Festivals: National Youth Festivals are organized every year from 12th to 16th January by the Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports in collaboration with the State Governments in different parts of the country. Eminent guests, speakers and youth icons are invited to address and interact with about 1500 participating NSS volunteers during the National Youth Festivals.
National Service Scheme Award: The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India had instituted the National Service Scheme Awards to recognize the voluntary service rendered by NSS volunteers, Programme Officers, N.S.S. units and the university/senior secondary council.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR INSTITUTION
The College N.S.S. Wing is privileged with Indira Gandhi National Awards
For TWICE from the Government of India
In 2014 & on 19/11/2016 from the President of India.