The department of Public Administration was established in the year 1956 with the inception of the B.A., course in the college. Initially the course was started with only English medium and the college was under the private management. Then it was taken over by the government of Andhra Pradesh in the year 1958-59.The strength of the section was only 40.
During the academic year 1969, the college was shifted to the present new building with the department. Now the department is accommodated along with the history department in a common room.
Telugu medium section was also introduced in the department besides English medium with strength of 40 students. Keeping pressure and demand of the course, the strength of the course increased up to 60 admissions. And again in view of the pressure from the student organizations, the strength further increased from sixty (60) to eighty(80).
Staff for the academic year 2018-19