1. Title of the Practice: Student Study Project
2.The context that required the initiation of the practice:
Usually students get exposure to research or project work at PG level. As the students are new to the research, they encounter many issues in selecting the problem/area, formulation of hypothesis and Data collection.
As the students are not well trained at university level as per the industry needs, soon after joining the Job in various Laboratories/industries, the candidates face practical problems in field level.
Realizing that the present system offers a very rigid pattern, which is inadequate to satisfy the interests and aspirations of the students. The present curriculum is not fulfilling the industry needs.
Our Institution has introduced innovative practice to enhance the research analyzing and problem solving skills. It is a good opportunity for our students to get exposure to Research at UG level.
3. Objective of the practice:
To inculcate the Research aptitude in the students
To develop presentation skills among the students
To improve the Team spirit among the students
To make them familiar with writing of the project report
4. The practice:
A meeting is conducted with all faculty to discuss and chalk out a week long programme to create awareness among the students on the project/research design and to involve them in the project.
Subject expert committee has been formed to decide and select the topics for the project
It is made mandatory to submit at least one project work with a group of five students from each subject.
Supervisors are guiding the students in the selection of the Project problem and help them in completion of the project. Faculty is actively engaged in training the students in the areas of presentation (preparing the power point presentation slides), soft skills and computer skills.
5. Obstacles faced if any and strategies adopted to overcome them:
Students hardly come forward to participate in the project work. It is difficult for them to do project in team. Faculty Motivate and encourage the students to project work in the group
Selection of project problem where the resources are insufficient and finding the project problem in a stipulated time is an obstacle. With the help of Subject expert committee we have overcome this issue.
6. Impact of the practice:
Students improved their presentations skills
Students excelled in the State level “Students study project presentations and selections” competition conducted by the CCE Telangana, Hyderabad. The intension of the programme is to develop the research aptitude at UG level.
Many projects have been selected for the presentation at State level programme
7. Resources required:
· Dedicated, knowledgeable teachers
· Additional learning resources
· Laboratory equipment, ICT
· Digital library resources
· Separate budget allocation
Title: LITERACY CAMPAIGN- BEGINNING FROM HOME
• To Bring awareness about importance of Literacy
• Chang the illiterate parents into literates.
The Context & Practice:
• Generally when one talk about any strength he thinks of Society, Community, Village, Locality and so on but forgets his own house and family.
• The Students of B.A took a novel path and started their literacy campaign from their own home.
• Most of the students belong to down trodden and illiterate families. They took up the risk of liberating their parents and elders.
• Every day student used to give practice to the parent and slowly they got used to use pencil and paper and then started learning Telugu Aksharamala.
Evidence of Success:
• Around 30 students are succeeding in their endeavour and literate their elders .
• Students teached their parent how to write their name and read small phrases.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required:
1. Initial disinterest of the elders.
2. Providing less time for practice by the parents/elders.