Government Degree College
NAAC Re-accredited with B Grade(2.53 CGPA)
Government Degree College ,Armoor (formerly Govt. Arts and Science College) was established in the year 1966 with missions of spreading education for the upliftmet of deprived sections in rural areas and inculcating the values of integrity, patriotism, sacrifice and respect for physical labour among the students.
Imparting instruction in Environmenal Sciences, Arts, Commerce, and Information Technology with humanitarian, national and global outlook.
Let the teacher and disciple together perform great acts of Strength (Saha vIryam karavAvahai)
· To impart education in the different disciplines of knowledge.
· To develop a sense of responsibility amongst the students as the citizens of the nation.
· To contribute to all round development of the students’ personality to direct the activities of the college towards the empowerment of the deprived sections of the society.
· To create awareness amongst the students about social and national problems like illiteracy, superstitions, pollution, AIDS, corruption, female foeticide and communal disharmony.
· To develop soft skills amongst the students To create awareness about natural/organic farming, environment conservation, water harvesting and nonconventional energy sources amongst the students
· To organize outreach activities for the benefits of the stakeholders of the college To work for career opportunities for the students.
· The Principal of the College has been awarded “The Best Administrator” by CCE,TS in 2016-17.
· The Women Empowerment Cell( WEC) of the College has been awarded “Best WEC” Award for Conducting many out reaching activities by Women Empowerment Cell by CCE,TS in 2016-17.
· The College has been awarded “The Best NSS programme officer” Award by CCE,TS in 2017-18. The College has been awarded “The Best Jignasa Student StudynProject Award ” in the Subject of Chemistry by CCE,TS in 2017-18.
· The College secured ‘B’ Grade with in the first cycle of assessment and accreditation by NAAC in 2006.
· The College again secured ‘B’ Grade with CGPA 2.53 in the second cycle of reaccreditation in 2014.
· To meet the Educational needs of downtrodden people of remote areas.
· To Elevate intellectual qualities and to maintain healthy academic atmosphere.
· To uplift academic, social, economic status of students.
· To Develop the needed skills for promoting scientific temper and excellence.
· To inculcate appropriate skills in students to meet the challenges encountered in the light of liberalization privatization and Globalization.
Students are the primary reason we exist as an institution.
We live integrity, civility and honesty.
We relentlessly pursue excellence.
We embrace diversity and inclusion.Creativity, inquiry and scholarship are our culture.
We teach, we learn, we interact, we nurture, we grow citizens for tomorrow, and we do the basics and more.
2.Sports and Library
•Well equipped multi-gym and Sport’s amenities provided to the students
•Centralised Library with Over 20,000 specialised and categorised books
3.Computer Lab Facilities
•Excellent Computer labs were established for TSKC-ELL,B.A., B.Com. and B.Sc.
•ManaTV Tele Classes are regularly followed by the institution and feedback is taken from students
RO Water supply-Pure Drinking Water Supply provided to the Students
6.Maintenance of Toilets and Equipment
•Two blocks of Toilets constructed separately for Girls, Boys and Staff
•Proper sanitization and hygiene is maintained
All the Equipments are regularly serviced and conditioned
7.Academic Calender&Academic Action Plan
•Academic Calender & Academic Action Plan designed synchronisation of CCE Academic Calendar and Implementation is regularly Monitored
8.Lights and Fans
•Lights and fans of Class rooms and labs are regularly checked and used only working hours only for Power conservation
LED Lights have been installed in the entire campus for power conservation
•Solar power supply is given to all essential Computer systems and Lights for uninterrupted work.