NSS is a service oriented program. It was launched by Union Education Minister Dr.V.K.RV Rao on September 24, 1969 in 37 Universities covering all states. It was formally launched on the birth centenary year of the father of the nation. Therefore 24 September is celebrated every year as NSS day with appropriate programs and activities.
The cardinal Principle of the program is that it is organized by the students themselves and both students and teachers through their combined participation in social service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of national development.
The Motto of the national service scheme is “NOT ME BUT YOU “.It was started to establish a meaningful linkage between the campus and the community.
Student youth , teachers and the community are considered as three basic components of the national service scheme.
NSS was started in our college in the year 1970. Under this scheme we are conducting many activities in the college and outside the college
* To understand the community in which they work.
* To understand themselves in relation to their community.
* To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
* To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
* To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
* To practice national integration and social harmony.
* To gain skills in mobilizing community participation.