GOVERNMENT DEGREE COLLEGE::BHADRACHALAM
About the college:Government Degree College, Bhadrachalam was established in 1980 on the banks of holy river Godavari with an objective to provide quality education to tribal and other weaker sections of the community. Ever since its inception, the college strives to serve the students mostly belonging to the down trodden and dipressed communities of agency area. Our college is accredited with B by NAAC in 2016
The Bhadrachalam town, an abode of Lord Sri Sita Ramachandra Swamy is a famous pilgrim place. It is about 120 KM from the district head quarter Khammam. All the trains running in the route of Chennai - Hyderabad- Delhi run through Khammam. It is connected by “Bhadrachalam Road” Railway station at Kothagudem a famous coal city in India at a distance of 40 KM. It will be convenient for the participents to alight at Khammam and it takes 3 hrs. to reach Bhadrachalam bus stand. The college is at a distance of 1 KM from RTC Bus Station.
VISION:To provide holistic education to the tribal students of this agency area in particular and needy weaker sections like Scheduled caste, Backward Caste and Minority students in general and to make them to stand on their own and serve for the betterment of community and society.
- By well-organized annual academic planning.
- By personal interaction through ward counseling to promote purposeful education.
- By promoting teacher student partnership through organizing project works and field trips.
- By adopting suitable methods for the identification of student learning capacities.
- By introducing innovative teaching methods like lecture, Student-centric teaching, innovative ICT enabled teaching methods discussion methods, and Lecture illustration methods.
- By organizing bridge courses at entry level.
- By providing remedial coaching to enhance the grasping levels of slow learners.
- To promote consultancy and midterm vacation internships through visit to educational, financial, industrial units etc.
- To encourage ethical values, value education and global competencies.
- To motivate and organize together for creation of novel institution by promoting extension programs, continuous evaluation of academics and self-assessment.